Meet the Doctors
Dr. Greg Staller, DVM
A native of California, Running ‘S’ Equine’s founder and owner, Dr. Greg Staller grew up in a ranching community in the San Joaquin valley where his family raised cattle, crops and owned work and pleasure horses. Dr. Staller attended the University of California at Davis for his undergraduate and veterinary studies, graduating in 1987 as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Staller then traveled east to complete a one-year rotating internship in Large Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania’s New Bolton Center. He was then selected for a three-year residency in Large Animal Surgery at New Bolton Center. Always intending to work in private practice, Dr. Staller was employed as a surgeon in California and New Jersey before starting Running ‘S’ Equine Veterinary Services in 1995.
With primary interests in surgery, lameness diagnosis and treatment, ultrasonography, ophthalmology and internal medicine Dr. Staller’s practice has grown from one veterinarian to five veterinarians.
The hospital facility was completed in 2001 and serves as the base for the broad range of services
Dr. Staller offers.
Dr. Staller has published primary research articles in scientific journals as well as co-authored numerous case reports. Dr. Staller became board-certified as a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 1995. He is certified as an FEI veterinarian in the disciplines of Dressage, Three-Day Eventing and Combined Driving. He has served in an official capacity for many years at competitions including:
– 2009 Dressage Selection Trials; Pan American Games, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 2007 Dressage Selection Trials, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 2007 Fall Gladstone Driving Event, FEI Veterinarian
– 2006 Dressage Selection Trials World Equestrian Games, Gladstone, New Jersey, FEI Veterinarian
– 2005 Dressage Selection Trials Pan American Games, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 2005 Fall Gladstone Driving Event, FEI Veterinarian
– 2004 Fall Gladstone Driving Event, FEI Veterinarian
– 2003 Dressage Selection Trials, Festival of Champions, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 2003 Fall Gladstone Driving Event, FEI and Treating Veterinarian
– 2002 Fall Gladstone Driving Event, FEI and Treating Veterinarian
– 2001 Dressage Selection Trials Festival of Champions, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 2001 Fall Gladstone Driving Event, FEI Veterinarian
– 2000 Dressage Selection Trials, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 1999 Dressage Selection Trials, Festival of Champions, Gladstone, New Jersey, Treating Veterinarian
– 1998 Four-In-Hand World Championships, Waregem, Belgium, USA Team Veterinarian
Dr. Staller has two teenage children, Andrew and Sophia. When not providing patient care and managing his practice, he enjoys playing the guitar and harmonica, singing in a band, fitness activities, and riding.
Dr. Vanessa Moore, DVM
Dr. Vanessa Moore grew up in Clifton, NJ where she began riding at the age of nine. She completed her undergraduate studies at Cook College where she competed on and became the captain of the Rutgers University Intercollegiate Equestrian Team. Most of her riding concentrated on hunter/jumpers and equitation, but she also has experience in dressage and western disciplines. Dr. Moore attended The Ohio State University and completed her veterinary degree in 2003, graduating twelfth in her class. After graduation she moved to London, Ontario for a year where she completed an internship in equine surgery at London Equine Hospital.
Dr. Moore has been an associate veterinarian at Running ‘S’ Equine since July of 2004. She has devoted most of her practice to lameness and general medicine and has a particular interest in ophthalmology. When time allows, she enjoys snowboarding, hiking, and riding.
Dr. Kerry Scholz, DVM
Dr. Kerry Scholz has been caring for patients at Running ‘S’ Equine Veterinary Services since July 2007. A native of New Jersey, she attended Rutgers University-Cook College and received her Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science with a minor in Equine Science in 2000. She continued her education at Drexel University and received a Masters in Instructional Technology in 2003. Dr. Scholz then attended Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine from 2003 to 2007. She next completed a clinical year at Auburn University and was awarded her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2007. She completed her internship at Running ‘S’ from 2007 to 2008, and in July 2008 became an associate veterinarian with the practice.
Her professional interests include dermatology, client education, internal and small animal medicine. In her free time, she can be found cooking, wine tasting, listening to music, watching classic movies, and spending time with family and friends. She spends most of her free time with her four-legged babies who originate from the island of St. Kitts and include 2 dogs, Connor and Chloe, and 2 cats, Cyrus and Emmett.