t Running ‘S’ Equine we routinely perform comprehensive neurological evaluations on horses to localize and treat conditions of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
We have unique training and a special interest in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of neurological diseases such as:
- Head and spinal cord trauma
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, (“Dummy Foal Syndrome”)
- Cerebellar and vestibular disease
- Bacterial, protozoal and viral diseases (EPM, EHV1)
- Cervical vertebral stenotic myelopathy (“Wobblers”)
- Equine degenerative myeloencephalopathy
- Equine lower motor neuron disease
We are equipped for and have the experience to perform high-quality myelography. In addition, cervical spinal stabilization surgeries have been performed here by visiting experts Drs. Jimmy Robertson and Steve Reed.
Myelogram in flexion
Note loss of ventral
and dorsal dye column
After surgical fusion
of the C4-5 vertebral bodies